Loop powered Intelligent AUTO-ALIGNING Reflective Beam Detector – 8-50m, VDS Approved
1 x detector head, 1 x system controller and 1 x reflective prism. Suitable for operation up to 50m- VDS Approved
The Intelligent Addressable Auto-Aligning Beam Detector of Context Plus combines a transmitter/receiver in the same detector head with an automatic alignment motor. This combination with integrated addressability allows for quick and simple installation.
The Intelligent Auto-Aligning Beam Detector automatically compensates for environmental effects on the beam signal, keeping the unit in the best possible working order. This is achieved through the combination of software (automatic gain control) and motorised realignment of the beam. It comprises a ground level loop-powered controller and a detector head.
A built-in laser provides rapid initial alignment and thereafter the detector head will continuously automatically align and compensate for any building movement. The status of each detector can be monitored through the controller which is sited at ground level.
The detector head operates both as a transmitter and a receiver. A well-defined IR beam is projected to a prism mounted on the opposite wall, which is reflected back to the receiver. In the event of smoke partially obscuring the light an imbalance between the transmitted and received light will occur. The detector will then transmit an alarm value to the control panel. The detector is factory set to a beam obscuration of 35% which is the best setting for most factories and warehouses.
The setting can be changed to 25% for offices and clean areas such as theatres or to 50% for hostile areas such as mills or foundries. The detector reports a pre-alarm (analogue value 48) at approximately 75% of the alarm threshold. The detector compensates automatically for gradual contamination of the lenses in order to avoid false alarms. The detector is non-latching and resets 30 seconds after an alarm event ceases and in 3 seconds after the removal of a fault.
- Loop-powered, requires no external power supply.
- Draws 10mA or less in quiescent and 36mA in alignment mode from the analogue addressable loop. It is recommended that no more than ten beam detectors be powered from each loop.
- Built in 20T negative bi-directional short circuit isolator.
- Operating range of 8m-50m with a single prism. The operating range of each detector head can be increased up to 100m by using the Extension Kit comprising 3 additional prisms.
- Compact Optical Beam Detector for detecting smoke in large open areas such as warehouses, theatres, churches, mosques and sports centres.
- Incorporates a bi directional short-circuit isolator.
- Automatic drift compensation.
- Automatic reset Ground level Controller.
- Automatic alignment compensation for building movement.
- Laser assisted alignment for quick installation.
- Allows for 2 detector heads per controller.
- Up to 100m range.
- Pre-alarm threshold.
- EN 54-12 and EN 54-17 certified.