The detector is sensitive to ultraviolet radiation emitted by flames during combustion. Since it requires only UV radiation the detector responds even to stationary flames with no flicker like cigarette lighters and blue gas flames. The detector is set to respond to ultraviolet radiation (185−260nm) emitted by almost all flames, including those invisible to the naked eye, e.g. hydrogen fires. The detector has a single UV sensor with a narrow spectral response in order to discriminate between flames and most spurious sources of radiation and is designed for internal fully enclosed areas. This detector is not suitable in areas subject to lightning, arc welding, electrical sparks, lightning, nuclear radiation and UV light sources.
- Used when detection is required to be unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind. These include engine rooms in ships, factories affected by draughts or wind and warehouses.
- Sensitive to UV radiation emitted by flames during combustion.
- Loop powered, need no external supply.
- A remote LED alarm indication may be connected to the flame detector.
- Responds even to stationary flames with no flicker.
- Sensitive to UV and low-frequency flickering infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion.
- Compact flame detector which fits Context Plus Xpert Card Bases.