Loop powered Intelligent Base Mounted UV/IR2 Flame detector- Fits on the XPERT base- LPCB Approved
The Intelligent Addressable Base Mounted UV IR² Flame Detector of Context Plus is designed to protect open indoor areas such as aircraft houses, generator rooms and paint works where open flaming fires may be expected. The detector has a UV and dual IR sensors responding to different wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious sources of radiation.
Since it requires both UV and IR radiation the detector can operate in applications where a basic single UV or single IR detector would be inappropriate. The detector is set to respond to ultraviolet (185−260nm) and low-frequency flickering infra-red (0.75−2.7μm) radiation at 1−15Hz in order to detect all flickering flames, including those invisible to the naked eye, e.g. those emitted by hydrogen fires. The detector has one UV and two IR sensors responding to different wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious sources of radiation.
• Loop powered, need no external supply.
• A remote LED alarm indication may be connected to the flame detector.
• Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind.
• Tolerant of fumes, vapours, steam, dust and mist.
• Responsive to a flame more than 25m away.
• Fast reacting.
• False alarms due to electrical discharges from lightning or arc welding and flickering sunlight are minimised by combining the UV/IR signals.
• Responds even to stationary flames with no flicker like cigarette lighters and blue gas flames.
• Sensitive to UV and low-frequency flickering infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion.
• Compact flame detector which fits Context Plus Xpert Card Bases.