Loop powered Flame Detector IR2 (Dual Infra Red) in Flame Proof housing For Hazardeous area- LPCB Approved
The Intelligent Addressable Flameproof IR2 Flame Detector of Context Plus is designed for hazardous environments in indoor applications. The detector has two sensors which respond to different IR wavelengths to distinguish between flames and spurious sources of radiation. These detectors are BASEEFA approved and meet the requirements of ATEX Directive 94/9/EC.
The IR2 Flame Detector is sensitive to low-frequency, flickering infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion. Since it responds to flickering radiation, the IR2 Flame Detector can operate even if the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water-vapour or ice. The IR2 Flame Detector is set to respond to low-frequency radiation at 1 to 15Hz (1 to 2.7μm) in order to detect all flickering flames, including those invisible to the naked eye, e.g., those emitted by hydrogen fires. False alarms due to such factors as flickering lighting are avoided by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
• Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind.
• Tolerant of fumes, vapours, steam, dust and mist.
• Loop powered, needs no external supply.
• A remote LED alarm indicator may be connected to the flame detector.
• Sensitive to flickering IR radiation Detects through films of oil, dust, water and ice Responds to flickering flames, including those invisible to the naked eye
• Remote optical self-test function
• 90° field of view
• Up to 40m coverage
• IP66 rated
• Ex d IIC T4 Gb
• Ex tb IIIC T135oC
• Db IP66A21
• (Tamb -40C to + 125C)