Loop powered IP65 Flame Detector IR2 (Dual Infra Red)- LPCB Approved
The Intelligent Addressable IR² Flame Detector of Context Plus is designed for use in areas where flaming fires may be expected. The detector has two sensors which respond to different IR wavelengths to discriminate between flames and spurious sources of radiation. Applications include aircraft hangars, coal handling and paper manufacturing plants and woodworking environments.
The IR2 Flame Detector is sensitive to low-frequency, flickering infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion. Since it responds to flickering radiation the IR2 Flame Detector can operate even if the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water-vapour or ice. The IR2 Flame Detector is set to respond to low-frequency radiation at 1 to 15Hz (1 to 2.7μm) in order to detect all flickering flames, including those invisible to the naked eye, e.g., those emitted by hydrogen fires. False alarms due to such factors as flickering lighting are avoided by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
• Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind.
• Tolerant of fumes, vapours, steam, dust and mist.
• Loop powered, needs no external supply.
• A remote LED alarm indicator may be connected to the flame detector.
• Sensitive to flickering IR radiation.
• Detects through films of oil, dust, water and ice.
• Responds to flickering flames, including those invisible to the naked eye.
• Remote optical self-test function.
• 90° field of view.
• Up to 40m coverage.