Loop powered IR3 Flame detector- LPCB Approved
The Intelligent Addressable IR3 Flame Detector of Context Plus is designed to protect areas where open flaming fires may be expected. It is sensitive to low frequency, flickering infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion.
The IR³ Flame Detector is sensitive to low-frequency, flickering infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion. Since it responds to flickering radiation the IR³ Flame Detector can operate even if the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water-vapour or ice. The Intelligent IR³ Flame Detector is set to respond to low-frequency radiation at 1 to 15Hz (1 to 2.7μm) in order to detect all flickering flames, including those invisible to the naked eye, e.g., those emitted by hydrogen fires. The Intelligent IR³ Flame Detector has three IR sensors that respond to different IR wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious sources of radiation. False alarms due to such factors as flickering sunlight are avoided by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
• Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind.
• Tolerant of fumes, vapours, steam, dust and mist.
• Loop powered, needs no external supply.
• A remote LED alarm indicator may be connected to the flame detector.
• Responsive to a flame more than 25m away.
• Fast reacting.
• Sensitive to flickering IR radiation.
• Detects through films of oil, dust, water and ice.
• Responds to flickering flames, including those invisible to the naked eye.
• False alarms due to lighting or flickering sunlight are minimised.